Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day



I can't believe it has been so long since I posted but that's Christmas for you. We have been really busy helping sell raffle tickets for our Carriage Club and going to parties and break ups. What has been really good is to just sit and reflect on all the wonderful friends and neighbours we have. Yesterday we had a really special Christmas Day with family and friends. We started off at Lou and Jeff's place with a champagne breakfast with lots of beautiful fruit including mangoes, followed by pancakes cooked on the Barbie with maple syrup and yoghurt. Then it was on to opening the presents and we all received lots of nice things. After that we packed up all our food and drinks and headed down to Golden Beach at Caloundra. Here we set up picnic tables and we all just kicked back, ate, talked and drank. We had nibblies, prawns, cold chicken, ham and some nice salads. This was followed by trifle, mango and ginger cheesecake and rumballs. Awesome!! Brian had brought his Catamaran and a few of us went out sailing but it was too windy for me and sadly too windy to use our kayak too. Never mind we all had a great time anyway. We drove home and could not eat another thing. All in all the perfect Christmas Day. Here is Me and Alan with Tate - his bib reads My First Christmas Ho Ho Ho :) Also there is a picture of our special lunch. We were set up right on the water under a shady tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, it's great to see the picture of your Christmas picnic. As I said over at DAQ, it makes me incredibly envious to think of warmth, sunshine and beaches at this time of year, but we'll be heading out to Central America in about 3 weeks, so I think I can hold on till then! We had a great day with food and family yesterday too. (Your antlers are just the right festive touch!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, reading your post made me hungry lol. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Helen, and I love those photos too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...