Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Being Tourists

Last week we had family visiting from overseas and we all went to stay at beautiful Noosa. It is hard to believe this stunning place is only 45 minutes drive from our home. Last Friday was a perfect sub tropical mid winter's day and we decided to take the 4k round walk through the Noosa National Park. Thank God for National Parks which have saved all this beauty from the dreaded Developers and even campers in this case. All you are able to do here is walk, watch nature, swim and picnic and all you can take are photos :) And all of this is only a few minutes walk from one of the most crowded and expensive resort towns in Queensland.


Here I am looking back at Noosa Main Beach. It has been a little decimated by recent high tides but is still beautiful and on this day there were quite a few people swimming. The building right on the beach is the re furbished Surf Club which is a great place for brunch or lunch on a day like this.
I love this photo which I think I may get printed on canvas. I took this from the pathway, not even a footprint on the beach let alone a human being. This got me thinking about what it must have been like before the white settlers arrived in this part of the world. Truly a paradise.

2 comments:

Annie said...

It was certainly a jewel to behold that day. A very special walk- thanks for sharing it with us.

indybev said...

What a beautiful, pristine bit of nature. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...