I took this photo on a trip to historic Maclean N.S.W. in October last year. The building on the left is the old Bank of N.S.W. c1892. I remember being horrified by the proliferation of signs – they all seemed to detract from the historic feel of the old buildings and made me realise just how much visual pollution we have around us every day in the 21st Century. So I got to wondering what it would look like without the signs and here is the result :)
I ran a couple of filters and got to work cutting out stuff and it felt good. Once I had eliminated all evidence of 2010 I thought my picture needed some people so I found a nice little group and put them in the frame. I know they didn’t have all the modern conveniences in the early 1900’s but life would have been a whole lot more peaceful without the traffic and visual noise. Just the Horses and Carriages clopping down the street and perhaps just a little horse manure on the road to navigate around :)




1 comment:
I love this Helen! Way too many signs, I agree!
Post a Comment