Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pussies Galore


Yesterday I took myself off on an `Artist's Date' to our local Art Gallery. Alan and I are members of `FOG' - Friends of the Gallery and we are invited to Gallery Exhibition Openings among other things. Our town has a beautiful Art Gallery, housed in a heritage buiding. Two storied with a wonderful curved timber staircase (Think Rhett and Scarlett). So yesterday there were 2 exhibitions opening. One called `Pussies Galore' with a collection of artworks all depicting cats. And the other a collection of pastels depicting endangered animal species from all over the world. After the speeches a guy played 2 of his own compositions on the guitar, followed by Lennon's `Imagine', and then we had afternoon tea. So as you all may have guessed I bought a `Cat'. It was hard to choose as I loved them all but I finally decided on a sculpture in Hebel entitled `Morning Stretch'. Its a beautiful scupture of a cat stretching and I love it. He even has a bell round his neck! I forgot my camera so I can't include a photo yet but I will when I pick him up. The picture on the front of the brochure is titled `Pensive Wombat' and is a pastel painting. This was in a beautiful blue frame which went so well with the colours in the picture and was only $60.00. Great value for an original piece of Art. I came very close to buying this one but I have so many pictures already so I thought twice and 3 times and then decided on the sculpture. I am pleased to say that someone did buy it though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A 'Deluxe' artist date. I love sculptures. They have that different dimension and are tactile, unlike a painting. I look forward to the pic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...