Monday, May 21, 2007

Family Matters


Back home again after just over a week away in Sydney. A wonderful family re-union and a week of much celebration, catching up, laughter, eating good food and drinking good wine. Equally special for Alan and I was the chance to have a holiday in Sydney. Country Life is peaceful and healthy and we wouldn't change it but we always love the chance to visit a city, especially one as beautiful as Sydney. Impossible for me to pick out one highlight as there were many with seeing family at the top of the list!! So many people in Sydney, especially so many from different cultural backgrounds, a kerbside spruiker flanked by a flag draped coffin, a perfect Panania Deli and a cute market, a fun family barbecue to farewell Paull, a naked lady at Circular Key running through the crowd, a man sitting cross-legged on the lawn in the Botanical Gardens knitting happily and meditatively, the Bridge and the Opera House of course, the fun of riding on the Ferry on a perfect day, the view from `The Gap', harbourside walks, lunch at the Art Gallery and the chance to see some wonderful Artworks, browsing in the Art Gallery shop, lunch at beautiful Avoca Beach, Bellbirds at Erina, a cockatoo sitting on the hand of a statue in the Botanical Gardens and drinking from her mouth, hours in a second hand bookstore, laughter on the bus, fish and chips and Gelato at Watsons Bay, dinner at Waverton followed by a balmy evening walk, singing along with James Reyne at his concert, glorious cool and sunny weather, really good coffee everywhere. In a word perfect! This picture was taken at Watson's Bay and I have taken some artistic licence with it. I also have some special souvenirs. I bought a John Olsen print at the Gallery which I will get framed and some Arty fridge magnets and of course I have my photos so I may do a Collage, watch this space!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful holiday...time with family and lots of time to enjoy the city too! It was so nice to see all of you in the photo that Cate posted on her blog!

I was interested to hear that we share yet another interest as I also have 1st and 2nd degree Reiki. I just took a refresher last year as I took the original about 20 years ago. Both of my daughters have their 1st degree Reiki as well.

Annie said...

Hi Helen, just a quick note to say that I have finally got a blog! :)
love Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...