

So today is the Winter Solstice and this is hard to believe here where we live. Today the sky is blue and our garden is more colourful than at any other time of year. We have lots of hibiscus flowering as well as Bougainvillea and Allamanda, and this week the Wattle is also starting to flower. It has been wonderful weather for gardening and last week we bought Camellias at our local market. The weather still isn't really cold although tonight we will light our fire in honour of the Solstice.
This week I have been busy making my trading cards for the 2 swaps I am involved with. The swap for Digital Art Quirks is titled `Through the Doorway' and the other for the Art Society is simply `Hats'. I hope to post my International Cards this week. Also this week was the Frameworthy Challenge as usual and the Artist was Frank Melech and you can find some of his work here : http://www.stylishweb.org/dream-world-by-frank-melech_14/2/ All very surreal so I had fun with this one. I found the photo of the graveyard at Stock Exchange and ran a filter on it named `spooky'. The Bus came from a photo I took at our local Museum last year so I extracted the Bus and added it to the graveyard. I have titled this one `The Night Bus' - inspired by Harry Potter. Sadly my Camera which I received for my Birthday last year has recently died - or the Lens has. (Luckily it is still under Warranty so we are sending it to Canon) - wish me luck!!




No comments:
Post a Comment