Thursday, May 29, 2008

Winter has Arrived


Some people seem to have decided that Winter begins officially on June 1 - others agree that it starts on June 21/22 or the Southern Winter Solstice - I on the other hand have decided that it begins on the day we light our slow combustion stove for the first time, and that was yesterday May 28 :) Here where we live it is cold and wet and windy and we are inside alternately reading, knitting, creating, cooking and later on this evening we will have a glass of red wine and sit and watch the flames. I love this time of year.


On another topic I have recently discovered an inspiring Blog all about living sustainably and economically. http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/ Rhonda Jean lives at Landsborough in the Sunny Coast Hinterland and she is about my age so a lot of her blog posts resonate with me. In these crazy times when prices of everything are rising I really enjoy reading a Blog which offers so many innovative and helpful ideas. Rhonda also has lots of links to some really inspiring Blogs on this same theme.

2 comments:

patti said...

Dad always used to say Mothers Day for putting heaters on. Because it has been so mild I planted a frangipani tree in my front garden today. Cold is predicted for next week so I hope it copes okay.

Time to snuggle in!

patti said...

P.S. Thanks for the link - it looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...