Yesterday we hosted the Annual Neighbourhood Chrissie Barbie at our place. We have a truly wonderful bunch of neighbours, everyone helps each other, we look after each other's pets, plants, chooks and houses when we go away on holidays, we commiserate in sad times, celebrate in good times and help out with anything and everything as needed. We even carry our fish Nemo across the road in his bowl for our neighbours to `fishsit' when we go away. We get together several times a year for a Barbie and we make a special effort at Christmas. Here you can see our decorated living Christmas Tree with our pony Annie in the background.
It must have been the hottest day so far this year, it was 36C in our kitchen and the humidity was high, so we set everything up outside. I made salads, Alan barbecued chicken kebabs and sausages, everyone bought something along to share and later in the evening the rain came down heavily to cool things down. So thats our Christmas entertaining done and now we can relax, today is another day as hot as yesterday so tomorrow we are planning a trip to Noosa for a swim :)





1 comment:
Thanks for allowing us a peek into your Christmas "down under"! I have to admit I spent some time looking for the Barbie doll.... ahem. Marie has given up and, after endless harrassing, no longer uses the "ie" words with me!!! I wish I lived close enough to stop by for a kebab!!
Post a Comment