Alan bought this white outdoor setting many years ago during the 1960’s. We have taken it with us on all of our moves since we got married and Alan has painted it several times. With our house now on the market we had decided to `Garage Sale’ it until I read the latest edition of `Home Beautiful’. There I saw a feature about a super trendy home in Notting Hill in London – owned and decorated by a super trendy young Interior Designer – and there in pride of place on her back terrace was one of these settings :) So now we have decided to keep it – it certainly is very nice to sit here now and eat Brekkie in Winter or Dinner on a Summer evening, and watch the birds playing in their bath under our Arch of climbing Honeysuckle and Jasmine. I am sure we will find the perfect spot for it in our next home too.
Quote of the day:
There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read. - G. K. Chesterton




2 comments:
Richard had one of these on his balcony when I first met him. We sold it when we left Australia in '84. Then when I saw one at a garage sale in HK I bought it- and it now sits in my courtyard. Yesterday an antique dealer came to look at an old table (he didn't want it) but he DID want the white wrought iron setting! Needless to say I did not sell it to him. We are fashionable again...........
Yes, you should always think carefully about getting rid of things. I gave away all my old LP's (some were actually yours from the sixties!) Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road, I had a great collection.
I don't have a turntable which is why I gave them away, but now I regret it!
Post a Comment