Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Visit to the Local BookStore

Yesterday I just happened to pop into A & R to `have a look around'. Well I found Frances Mayes' latest book `1 Year in the World' and another v. interesting travel book called `Without Reservations', by a woman about my age who just takes off and travels for a year. I will get to do some interesting vicarious travelling here. On the way out I found Kitty Kelly's biography of the `Bush Dynasty' in hardback marked down to $8.00 so I picked that up too. Then because I had spent over a certain amount I was able to buy another book off a discount shelf for $5.00. This one was originally $35.00 and was marked down to $22.00. It is called `A Breath of Snow and Ashes' by Diana Gabaldon v. thick and v. interesting, set at the time of the American Revolution and involving time travel. I am also currently about to start on Cold Mountain which I have from the library. The trouble is I have now started reading about the Bush Dynasty and I am quite engrossed in this story, it's very hard to put down.
So I have my Easter Reading all sorted :)

`The wise man reads both books and life itself' - Lin Yutang

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...