

It's been a while since I posted - so much happening here and almost no time to even turn on the 'puter - woe is me :( We have sold the farm - it was on the market for only about one week and the first person to see it has bought it. We will be settling at the end of August on my Birthday which is a very auspicious day to begin life in a new home. We have found a really nice almost new house on a 5 acre property only a few minutes from town so we are getting excited about moving. At the moment we are downsizing horses, cattle and chooks and planning what and who we will take with us. We will have room for 2 ponies at the new place and probably about 3 Silkies but no cattle. Then on the first weekend in July our Carriage Driving Club had its annual Carnival at Gunalda. So much work and fund raising has gone into this and as Treasurer I have been really busy before, during and after the event. I have really only just been able to stop and take a breath in the last few days. Alan and I did find time to take some photos of the weekend though and I have included a couple here. The photo above is of the Grand Parade and the Baker's Cart is completely original and has been restored perfectly. You can see that the driver and his passenger are even wearing authentic Baker's clothes. The top photo is a Draught Horse ploughing and I have played a bit with this image in PSP to give it the impression of a painting.




3 comments:
Hi Helen, glad to see you back! I was wondering what you were up to and it sounds like a lot..new home...how exciting. Now it's on to packing and moving, busy but your new place sounds much more manageable. congratulations!
Congrats Helen, and the new place sounds lovely. love the effect you have created with that photo too.
WOW Helen, love that top photograph, you have done it justice for sure. You could have it printed on Canvas it would look amazing.
A new home, how exciting for you. Good luck with everything.:)
Post a Comment