Saturday, July 22, 2006

We Have Started Packing!


Finally we have started packing! We have hired a container and now we are rapidly filling it with `stuff'. Believe it or not we also have a removal truck booked but the container will hold all our farm equipment, gardening, camping gear etc. and we can pack a lot of this ahead of time. I am sorting through a lot of things and filling several boxes of things to donate to the RSPCA Op Shop in Gympie. I opened a box yesterday which travelled with us 3 years ago and which I hadn't opened since then. I literally hadn't missed any of this stuff in that time ROFL. Alan finds it impossible to part with a lot of his old things (stamp albums, things that were owned by his Mum & Dad, his 21st Key - the list goes on) so I am putting all this in a special box, labelling it `Alan's Memories' and he can keep it in his garage at the new place. At least photos can go in Albums which are much more accessible and easy to keep in bookshelves where they can be seen. I have so many packets of photos and only a fraction of them are worth keeping. I am just beginning to realise how much money I have wasted over the years getting very ordinary photos printed. Thank God for digital cameras and CD's :)


And this is what we are leaving behind :( I took this photo last week from our back door on a beautiful cold and misty morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi helen, it seems really odd to look at your post which is a day ahead of us already...almost like looking into the future! you'll have a busy time ahead of you and the photograph taken from your back door is just beautiful - it's always hard to leave, even when you're looking forward to a new beginning. Bittersweet describes it well.

Angela said...

Great idea of using the container! And I'm sure that you are going to miss that stunning view, but just think of the loverly house you are getting :). Good luck with it all.

Anonymous said...

Hi again Helen, I just wanted to let you know that I tried emailing you at the email address you left for me but it was returned with an error message. When you're "back in the computer saddle" again, you can email me with your address. If you click "email me" on the right side of my blog, under my photo, it will be sent to me directly and I'll send my email back to you. Hope all is going well with the move and it's not too exhausting for you.
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...