Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Wet Sunday

Today has been a wet and dismal winter Sunday, so perfect for being a `mouse potato'. Alan just came in and suggested I might be getting square eyes or RSI :) but he is watching the football on T.V. I just wish I had some chocolate but luckily for my waistline the shop is too far away :) I found an old family photo earlier today and decided to play around with it. I have found that these Kodak Instamatic snaps from the 70's are the hardest to work with, they were very poor quality to begin with and the colours have faded badly. Anyhoo this one is of my Dad and my sisters and brother all kicking back on a Sunday afternoon in October 1973. I love these unposed tableau style family photos from any era as they really draw you in. I cropped and added a tint to the original. This LO is 6x4 a size I love for its versatility and cost effectiveness.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Great work Helen, and you have done wonderfully with a hard to work with photo.

Sharon said...

Helen! I FINALLY found your blog, after you've left a few comments on mine! Thanks for the lovely quote you left the other day!!

This is a great LO...looks very 70's, LOL.

I just read that you have sold your farm?? I must admit, I was a bit surprised as you seem to love it there...but on reading further, it seems that you have only down-graded the size of your farm...it would be nice to get out of suburbia! But I guess I'm a city girl at heart and would probably hate it once the novely wore off...

Anonymous said...

Helen, lovely layout.. Gotta love those 6 x 4's...lol
Love the background paper and the way you have faded the edge of the picture and then added a stroke. Brilliant.
By the ay I have a breadcrock from Bendigo Pottery too, but a 1972 Vintage...lol My best friend gave it to us a wedding present so I am a little loathe to give it away. It is just used to "clutter" the kitchen..hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...