Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still Unpacking



We have been in our new home for 2 weeks today and we are still unpacking! Trying to find the right place for all those odd bits and pieces is frustrating. We have also been shopping for a new barbecue and a new TV. We took one look at our ancient old Weber barbecue when it came off the truck and we both just went `nope stick it in the garage'. It was second hand when we bought it in 1991 and we think it has reached the end of its life... with us anyway. We have found a new Weber which looks like it will be the one we will buy. The TV is harder. We love the big Plasmas but we don't have the room, let alone a `Media Room' so we are now looking at LCD Models. The choice is mind blowing. We left the shop more confused than when we went in. In the meantime we are trying to work out where we could put it. We have also replaced a couple of light fittings. We are keeping the chandeliers in the family/dining room though as they seem to fit in with our `retro shabby chic' decor. LOL This morning we were invited to have Morning Tea with all our neighbours in the Cul de Sac on Friday morning. I think we will really like living here. Also this morning while I was in bed drinking my early morning cup of tea I looked out the window and saw a kangaroo hopping past. He hopped through our garden and then crossed the road. Nice to see but I can see we will definitely have to fence our kitchen garden as we also have rabbits. We had a beautiful paw paw ripening nicely yesterday but the birds have just beaten us to it. We are going to have to learn to be quicker than they are. We have loads of paw paws ripening on about half a dozen trees so we are lucky as they are quite expensive to buy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new place looks beautiful Helen!! And look at that Chandelier!!!!!

Lee said...

We have been in ours for nearly 3 months and I'm no where near finished unpacking LOL!

I love the look of your house Helen, it is lovely and laying in bed watching a kangaroo is amazing!

You sound very very happy!

Anonymous said...

Helen your new home is lovely and you do sound happy with the move. A kangaroo jumping through your garden trumps a deer walking through ours, which is what we get! They love to eat our garden too - especially tender new rose buds.
I've just downloaded Google Earth for Jane Goodall's Gombe blog and so I also googled Gympie and could see the area of Australia that you live in. It's a very cool site and I now have an idea of your location!

Angela said...

Great to hear that you are happy in the new house Helen, and it just looks and sounds wonderful. How nice is that kangaroo hopping through the garden. We used to have them in Toolangi... I still miss it sometimes. Anyway good luck with the pawpaws ;)

Lee said...

Hi Helen,
One of the girls from my group just emailed me about your post at ODS, you are more than welocme to join our group, it's small but fun...
The offer is there and the link is on my blog.
Hope you are well and enjoying your new home :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...