Thursday, September 07, 2006

Settling In


Here I am finally back on line and Blogger. Thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes and also for your best wishes re our move. We made it without too much stress but it has been a very tiring week. We have been in our new home for just over a week now and we really love it. We have already met some of our neighbours and they seem really nice and welcoming. We are in a Cul de Sac where all the blocks are 5 acres and it seems everyone gets on really well. There are even 2 ponies next door for our 3 to talk to over the fence. We are appreciating being so close to town (5k rather than 20), having a weekly rubbish collection, a dishwasher and a beautiful modern kitchen. I am also looking forward to saying a fond farewell to dial- up internet :) We have a nice garden with lots of herbs and fruit trees and a kitchen garden already constructed. Bella and Lewis have settled in well and have met the neighbours dogs. We love the colour scheme - mainly pale blue, a restful colour we both love and we have a lot of blue furniture for this reason. We have given away or sold all our country style furniture and decor and we have switched to something a bit different, not really definable but we like it. The colours will be pale blue, aqua, pink, yellow and some brighter touches. I am finding that I love the chandeliers in the family dining area so they are staying. Anyhoo here is a photo of our dining area with the kitchen in the background. Also a beautiful rose I photographed in our garden yesterday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...