I have just finished reading a really interesting book called `Raven Road' by Cassandra Pybus. This book combines travel, adventure, history and autobiography as Pybus, who is a historian as well as a writer, journeys from Vancouver up through British Columbia to the Arctic Circle. She is following the trail of a woman called Lillian Alling who undertook the same journey alone in 1927. It's a wonderful story (in the US it is published with a different title `The Woman who walked to Russia'). I hate this, it happens all the time I know but the title of a book is significant and I think `Raven Road' is a much more evocative title. Anyhow you can read more about it here :
http://www.4w8w.com/bookpybus1.html I am now on the lookout for more of Pybus' work.
1 comment:
thanks for the information about this book Helen. I will definately have a look for it. It sounds like one that my bookclub might be interested in.
Post a Comment