Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Catie Rose


My niece Catie was 16 yesterday and this is the front of the card I made for her. It seems like yesterday that Catie was born in Boston USA and I can't believe the years have flown by so fast.
We were away all weekend with our ponies at a Carriage Club training/fun weekend on a private property owned by one of our club members. Unfortunately it turned out to be one of the hottest weekends this summer and the hottest March day here yesterday for more than 20 years. Yesterday was very close to 40C and the humidity was also quite high. I think I developed heatstroke as a result of spending too much time in the sun (my own fault I know). We drank water all day so we avoided dehydrating but it was very difficult to quench our thirst. Anyway we did manage to do some work with the ponies and test out our harness gear. Then we came home yesterday afternoon we had a cold shower and just lay in the air conditioning for an hour or so to recover. Roll on Winter !!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yep, roll on winter! Love the card too Helen, it looks fabulous, and I'm sure she loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...