
I have been MIA for about a week as our computer has been having its annual physical, also a few new things added. I now have an extra 160gig Hard Drive and all my `stuff ' as my computer man calls it, he is being polite I think, has migrated over there. Meanwhile the operating system and all the programmes will run on the original HD which is 40gigs. I also now have a DVD Burner which will make back ups easier. And I have `Crapcleaner' a great little programme as well. The puta is now a joy to use once more. All this for less than $400.00 AUD - Woo Hoo. It has been hard being without it though, computer cold turkey is not recommended :(
I am working through Chapter 1 of `The Artist's Way' and loving it, doing my `morning pages' every day. On Wednesday I went along to the local Art Gallery to give a talk on Artist Trading Cards to the members of of the Art Society. They all enjoyed it, none of them use a computer for much apart from email and most of them don't even own a computer (all retired and average age about 60) but I stressed that ATC's can be done with absolutely any media. I took along a heap of playing cards for them to use as templates and quite a few created a card so that was good. I think this qualifies as an `Artist's Date' too and I came home with quite a few ideas. eg: I have a book on Altered books and I plan to do one of these soon using some digital images as well. I took along my Art material stash too as a resource for them and I am now planning to get this much better organised so it was a really worthwhile exercise.
It is very hot here today 33c and at the tail end of March. We just want Summer to end. Still I suppose even Winter here is like summer in some parts of the Northern Hemisphere. We don't have seasons here just 6 months of warm to very warm temps and 6 months of cool to warm - no cold at all. Last year we didn't even use our heater. Sounds wonderful but by Easter we are really ready for a change. At Easter we will be doing quite a bit of Carriage Driving with our club so it should be fun. This year I don't plan to eat any chocolate at all!!




No comments:
Post a Comment