Sunday, December 09, 2007

Enjoying December



December is such a wonderful time of year - lots of social times where you get together with the people who mean the most to you - just to enjoy yourselves and be reminded of how lucky you are. Yesterday was our turn to entertain - we hosted our street Christmas party and all the neighbours came. We are blessed with absolutely wonderful neighbours and it was a real pleasure to have them all as our guests last night. The weather was perfect, not one mossie or bug of any sort, no rain or wind and we had a really enjoyable barbie. This photo was taken just before the guests arrived, I even decorated a conifer, you can see it in the background. This was the first time we have ever entertained more than a small number and our outdoor area coped really well. To top it all off we were treated to a great 20 minute firework display at the end, put on by a local church :)
I have also included a photo of one of my roses in full bloom, another reason I love summer. I have a vase full of them in the house and they looked great with some red tea light candles beside them last night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...