Tomorrow my mother Doreen will be 80 so I have done a digital collage for her for her Birthday. She won't be able to see it and if she could and if she didn't have dementia she would probably make some disparaging comment about it.......... Anyway this is how I like to remember her. All 5 of her children will raise a glass and propose a toast to her tomorrow.
#631 Coming back to your own bed after a long trip
-
Do you remember your Worst Sleep Ever? Man, I sure do. I tell you, it was
back when I was in college and a few friends and I drove a skiddy van
across a ...
1 day ago




4 comments:
I have printed this image and will take it in to show Mum - the Nursing Home Christmas Party is today and Lauren and I will be going in to see her.
It is a beautiful collage and is how I would like to remember her too.
Helen this is a beautiful collage and I can see your resemblance to your mom. Dementia is such a horrible disease so I'm happy you're able to remember her this way.
It's funny...tomorrow would have been my mom's birthday too..but she would have been 93!
Helen, this is beautiful.
I hope one of my kids does something this sensitive about me one day- I'd be so proud and touched.
I drank to her with a glass of good chianti at a restuarant in Houston, Texas- my next possible move. I'm sure Mum would approve of both the wine and the move!
Helen,
I lost my mother to Alzheimer's 3 years before she died, so my heart is touched by your words. In the heartbreak that is dementia, it is sometimes difficult to remember them in the good times, This lovely collage will always be a treasure to you and your siblings.
Post a Comment