Most of the Art I make is done digitally but I also love making `mixed media' art and playing with collage, crayons and glue and a whole heap of other stuff. This is fun and really takes me back to being a kid again. Our Art Group always has a monthly Trading Card Swap and this year we have added an `altered book' Round Robin. To do this we all foraged around for an old book to `alter'. I found a book about dreams at an Op Shop for a couple of dollars. We will all start in our own book and then pass it on and receive another, create a double page spread and pass it on again. My theme is `Voyage of Discovery'. Altering books is so much fun. You can keep some of the text to create a new story, add your own artwork, cut out, paste, draw............ the possibilities are endless. I don't have a dedicated space to do this so I drag it all out onto the dining room table and set to.

I need music for inspiration so my iPod is part of the action. Here it looks like I am listening to Herman's Hermits - `There's a Kind of Hush'

On this day I was also assembling my Trading Cards, I made them digitally but they then have to be cut and glued.

Then I had to clean it all up and put it away :( I can't wait now to start on the book that's coming my way in March. At the end of the year at our `break up' we will have the big reveal and be able to peruse all the books together.
1 comment:
Helen, this looks like fun! What a fun idea exchanging books and the great reveal.
P.S. Thank you so much for the magnet...looks great on my black refrigerator.
Post a Comment