Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A tour of my Creative Space


I have been interested reading in my sister Patti's Blog (`Welcome to my Universe' see my sidebar,) about how she finally decided to move her creative space to a more central position. I pretty much do only Digital Art and about a year ago I decided that I no longer wanted to hide away in a stuffy little spare room. So we bought a nice new desk with lots of drawer space and set the whole shebang up in our second living area right in the middle of the house. This area also houses my library of 5 bookshelves all along one wall and a huge squashy couch with lots of cushions for reading. The Television is in another room not too far away so I can hear it and pop my head around the corner if I want to. What I love as a confirmed neatnik is the total lack of mess. You can see that my desk holds 2 monitors, a scanner and a printer. My Wacom tablet which I use all the time is on a slide out tray underneath the keyboard. The chair has no arms so it tucks away neatly. Above the desk is a print of one of my favourite Artworks by Matisse. (This is the one Picasso bought, he loved it too and having seen the original I can understand why.) Alan turns the computer on at around 5.30 am when he gets up, he has a cup of tea and checks his Email. From then on we just leave it on all day even if we go out. From the chair we have a view of our garden out of 3 windows in different directions and we also get the benefit of the breezes. So its all good and inspiring.

2 comments:

indybev said...

I'm in deep depression. Somehow I was behind a door when the neatnickian trait was passed around. My desk is a litter of calendar, Photoshop books, a dictionary, a notebook of my poems, a notebook of my essays, a notebook from my writing class, a journal of favorite quotes, a phone and address book, hand lotion, a jar of Ju-Jus, a glue stick, nail polish and removed, extra glasses, scissors, pens, recipe cards, cabinet cards, and....guess I don't need to go on, do I? I just don't understand how you do it!!! (Sigh)

patti said...

You are a classic Virgo Helen! Lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...