`If we can revise our attitudes towards the land under our feet; if we can
accept a role of steward and depart from the role of conqueror; if we can
accept
the view that man and nature are inseparable parts of the unified
whole - then
Tasmania can be a shining beacon in a dull, uniform and largely
artificial
world'
We have just returned from a wonderful 2 week holiday in Tasmania. I have always wanted to visit Tassie and when I found out someone I knew was organising a tour group to visit in October we decided to join in. We were lucky enough to have perfect sunny weather for our whole trip and the whole experience was perfect. We travelled right around the island, missing nothing :), and the place we both loved best was Strachan, closely followed by Cradle Mountain. This is a `World Heritage Area' and incredibly special. We loved the scenery, the parks and gardens, the history, the food and wine and the friendly people. We also loved having a break from our hot and humid weather. The air in Tassie was fresh and cool and I loved having the chance to `rug up' in hats, scarves and jackets and sit in front of log fires during `happy hour'. Here are just some of our photos.

Coles Bay on the Freycinet Peninsula.
The beautiful Macquarie Harbour at Strachan




3 comments:
The photos are delightful- the air must be so crystal clear. This place must be named a heritage place, the entire island should be wrapped in eco-cottonwool.
That was my comment- i clicked on 'anon' without thinking! Can't wait to see the slide show of Tassie.
Beautiful photos, that must have been such a wonderful holiday!
Thank you for leaving a comment on my thread at DST. I appreciate your thoughtful words.
Post a Comment