Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Morning Swim











Where we live we are lucky to have a really nice swimming pool only 10 minutes from home. Now that summer is here I am enjoying swimming for fitness in the mornings. Most of the time I use a swim snorkel which makes me look like an alien :) but I love the way it works. I can just swim without worrying about the breathing etc. I am also using a kick board to mix it up a bit. This morning the pool was just beautiful, when we got there it was just after 7.00 am and there were only about 6 people there. There is a 2 hour window between squad and schoolies and that's the time all the lap swimmers arrive, many are much older than me and its good to see. Some are quite overweight and it is good to see them there too. There is a `pool etiquette' to learn with the use of lanes etc. and I have found that everyone is very friendly - so no `pool rage' LOL. It is a wonderful way to start the day and everyone is in a mellow frame of mind. Added to that a season pass is only $100.00 and then we can go any time. Bargain!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...