
Happy New Year to everyone and I wish you well with all your New Year Resolutions. I am definitely a fan of the `one word concept'. It is so much easier to choose a word and work with that. My word for this year is `release' - we have our acreage property on the market right now and after 14 years on acreage we are moving to a duplex villa in a complex of almost 170 !!!
So life will be very different for us in the future but in a good way. Having said that there is much we will be leaving behind here. Not just our country lifestyle with horses and chooks etc. but also our friends and neighbours in this great country town we currently call home. We have made so many wonderful friends and it will be sad to say goodbye. However we also know that there are many new friends to be made in the future.
We will also be `releasing' a lot of our possessions - old books, furniture and other stuff - we will only be keeping that which is either useful or beautiful - everything else will go. I will be keeping many of my books, but only the ones I know I will read again. I don't believe that `release' is a negative word, for us it will be positive and we will be creating some space for a lot of different experiences, adventures and new friends. Bring on 2010 :)




2 comments:
I can relate to the release.....it is very good for the soul to cleanse itself. Keep only those things that make you smile.........and send any old books down to me!
A momentous year in your life, Helen! I'm sure you've considered it very carefully, and I know you'll quickly find new friends and activities. God speed!
Post a Comment