
Well I have just been reading a Blog which talks about Life Artists and I realise that is definitely what I am - wow such a wonderful description, this comes from the Blog of Ali Edwards:
`So who is a life artist? Do you take photos of your family, yourself, your environment, your world? Do you tell stories? Do you bring them all together onto paper, into your computer, onto a canvas (or some other cool concoction)? Do you create art journals with all kinds of wonderfully interesting pieces of your life and thoughts and emotions? Do you celebrate your life through your art?
You are a life artist.
I am a life artist.
So that is definitely me and I hope that one day in years to come, when I am long departed from this world, someone, somewhere will read and look at the Art I have made and gain something from it :) Well, at least be a little bit interested in it and perhaps wonder about the kind of person I might have been and the lifestyle I lived.
Here are a couple of my recent `Works of Art'




2 comments:
Helen, I love this LO, and thanks for sharing that statement. I'm sure that future generations will look back on your work, and get a really feeling for the wonderful person that you are :).
love your ATC Helen...i'm in the midst of doing some myself. I'd love to trade cards with you, so will post one or two soon. isn't it funny how it's so difficult for us to say that we're "artists", but saying "life artist" doesn't seem quite so difficult. i read Ali's blog too and loved her definition. I worked in an art institute for years and there was an underderlying belief that to call yourself a "real" artist, you had to have had either professional training, or to have sold your work. That gave it some legitimacy. That has never been my belief - i think we're all artists in our own way; carpentry, cooking, gardening etc...life artists describes it well!
Post a Comment