Friday, August 04, 2006

Books etc

Apologies to my Blog readers for my slackness lately - packing etc. is really the pits. Anyhoo for a change in pace I found these questions about books on Kate's Blog and thought I would have a go at answering them. I am still finding time to read however and packing books has a way of sidetracking one all too easily :)


1. One book that changed your life!
`Winnie The Pooh' - he is one cool little fat dude
2. One book that you've read more than once:
`The Shipping News ' - I re- read it straight after I finished it and I will read it again :)
3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Something practical with survival tips :) and I would like to re- read`War and Peace' to pass the time
4. One book that made you laugh:
`Notes From a Small Island' by Bill Bryson, in fact anything by this guy makes me ROFL
5. One book that made you cry:
`To Kill a Mocking Bird' and `Jane Eyre' - a close tie
6. One book that you wish had been written:
`How to survive life on a small acreage with horses and cattle in SE QLD Aust.' :)
7. One book you wish had never been written:
`The Da Vinci Code' - IMO it just doesn't live up to the hype and I can't believe I bought it let alone read it :(
8. One book you're currently reading:
A Biography of Daphne Du Maurier
9. One book you've been meaning to read:
`The Outlander' (AKA `Crosstitch' by Diana Gabaldon - one of those interesting novels about time travel and the first in a great series

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "I believe" entry Helen - oh so true! I also agree with you re: the DaVinci Code (highly overated). I too love anything by Bill Bryson and also enoyed Diana Gabaldon's books. My husband is a huge Winnie the Pooh fan! I have never read War and Peace though - that may be one for my bookclub to help me through...it just seems so daunting.

Angela said...

TFS the I believe post Helen :), and love how you have shared your books.. might have to do it too ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...