I know that I haven't posted for a while but time on the puta is so limited this week :( We have been on tenterhooks (whatever they are) waiting for news that Louise has gone into labour. As of today no news but she will be induced tomorrow so soon the wait will be over :) In the meantime we have been busy packing. I just can't believe we have so much stuff, either that or the boxes are soooo small. We have sold all our Silky Chooks, our Cattle, some horses, our Tractor and various other things. We have taken a whole ute load of things to the RSPCA Op Shop and we have given away another ute load of things to friends. We decided against a garage sale and just kept on giving instead. None of these things were rubbish, just things we had outgrown in one way or another and the recipients were very happy to put them to good use. One example was my Bendigo Pottery Bread Crock, bought in 1974 and moved with me to a dozen or more places. Now it has gone, the new owner loves it and I think to myself that it never was a good place to keep bread LOL. Next week we will give our old front load washing machine to Vinnies. I love moving, such a good feeling to clear things away - good feng shui !
In some sad news we have also lost 2 cows recently with tick fever and we have heard that a horse we recently sold has died from a snakebite, also a Silky Rooster we gave away has been killed by a dog. Life with animals can be so rewarding but also so sad when you lose them, and no matter how hard we try in the country `stuff happens' and we just can't always prevent it. Lewis our cat is starting to `smell a rat'. He will be booked into a pet motel for the move. Here is a LO I did of him recently. I am so missing my creative time but it won't be long now till things get back to normal :)
3 comments:
Helen, that LO is stunning... I love the simple clean look :).
Sorry to hear about the lost animals, but happy to hear about the soon to be (if not already) birth.
Hi Helen, I just love the photograph of Lewis! The funny thing is that our sofa's are almost the same colour and I love the greens you've used with it. I have copper colours but now I'm thinking hmmm, green looks good too! Have you got a new grandchild yet??? What a busy time for you - new addition to the family and moving at the same time. Lots of new beginnings!
Love the layout of Lewis, it's gorgeous.
Good luck with the move (or have you already moved?). Having been through the same thing recently, I agree, it's a lot of hard work but a good opportunity for some clutter clearing. And I'm with you on the Feng Shui!
Post a Comment