Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Busy Week







Well I had a wonderful birthday last week and thank you to everyone for all the good wishes and gifts. All really special and appreciated. So now I am 56 and feeling better than ever LOL. Alan gave me a new Digital Camera for my Birthday, not an SLR, I decided that I just wanted a Point and Shoot that was more advanced than our present camera which we bought in 2003. Anyhow I now have a Canon IXUS 75 and I am very happy with it. Alan took this photo of me with it on my Birthday. I also bought myself a couple of books - `The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle and `Animal Vegetable Miracle' by Barbara Kingsolver. Both very interesting. In addition I have recently bought several books about collage and Artist Journals/Altered Books, and these are also very inspiring. Then on Sunday we celebrated Father's Day at the beach and I took this great photo of our Grandsons Sam and Tate. We have also been busy harvesting Paw Paws, a really huge harvest, and I have included a photo of these. I am still learning about this camera, for a P&S it is pretty involved, but I love the small size and the huge screen, great for older eyes :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Helen and yes, you look smashing! Good to see you!

patti said...

Wonderful photo - you look great for 56!

What a golden paw paw harvest. I have been eating red paw paw and just love it in a fruit salad.

Your new camera is taking some excellent pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...