Monday, November 12, 2007

A Mixed Media Workshop







Last week I attended a Mixed Media Workshop at the Art Gallery, and as an added bonus there was also a free lunchtime `floor talk' by an expert in photography, both digital and otherwise. It was an excellent workshop (only $25.00) for 7 hours, and as you can see in the photo we made a huge amount of mess - always a good sign of a good Art workshop experience. There was also some excellent chocolate cake for morning tea :) We learnt how to use joss paper as a collage and everyone added a photocopy of one of their own drawings. A lot of people did fruit or vegetables but there was also some figures. I had a drawing of a hibiscus plus some photocopies of drawings of some shopfronts in Singapore and this led me to a tropical Asian theme. We coated the finished product in PVA Glue (Selleys) and then I brought mine home to scan and add some digital touches. So here is the final product. In this I have used watercolour, oil pastels, water soluble oil pastels, Joss Paper, photocopies, PVA Glue and Photoshop to finish it off!! Now I am quite motivated to do something larger with my own drawings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Helen and I'm glad you had fun and enjoyed "making a mess"! I'm learning to get down and dirty myself and having loads of fun with it!

patti said...

Really beautiful Helen and so tropical, it got me hankering for Qld.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...