Thursday, November 29, 2007

A visit to Eumundi


Yesterday we decided to pop down to Eumundi for `Second Brekkie' and some retail therapy. We started off at Eats with home made Panini toast with home made strawberry jam and some excellent coffee. Then Alan and I split up and I headed off to the bookstore. Yes BerkelouW's are now open in Eumundi - Woo Hoo, I could easily spend all day here :) Anyhow I bought `Kevin Rudd - The Biography' by Robert Macklin and `No! I don't want to join a Bookclub' - a very funny book about growing old disgracefully by Virginia Ironside. Now I'm reading both at the same time.
My favourite quote from the Rudd Biography comes from his opening address at the Labor Party's National Conference in April: `My name is Kevin; I'm from Queensland and I'm here to help'. There should be some interesting times ahead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...