Friday, November 23, 2007

Nature's Christmas Decorations


I absolutely love the onset of Summer in Queensland. So many trees are flowering and the ones I love the best are Poincianas. These aren't native to Australia but hundreds were planted by our forefathers and like Jacarandas they can now be found everywhere. There are Poincianas in every street and some streets are lined with them. They are like huge brilliant umbrellas and they flower just in time for all the Christmas preparations. I have also noticed Frangipanis, Bougainvilleas, Ixora, Agapanthus and Hibiscus, a riot of colour and fragrance, especially from the Gardenias :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, stop Helen! ...it all sounds sooo lovely...I can almost smell the Frangipanis and Gardenia's! It was 0 degrees (C) here today and i'm longing for warmth. It was sunny though and I bundled up in my big heavy Indian sweater and walked around Sidney. It felt so good to feel the sun on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...