


Introducing Nemo, the newest member of our Family. Some weeks ago I read a restaurant review where the Restaurant had individual little fishbowls on each table - each one with a Betta Splendens aka Siamese Fighting Fish in it. (Male Bettas fight so you can only have one). Anyway I wanted one, the idea of watching a cute little fish while we were sitting at the table sounded great and when I saw a little Betta Bowl in Big W last week I bought it. Then on Friday we went to the Petshop to buy a Betta, some food, some water purifier...... the list goes on. We set Nemo up and then I Googled Bettas and found out........my bowl was too small and bordering on cruel!!! Merde!! what to do? Obviously the Restaurant paid someone to swap their Bettas every other day and I never thought of that. :( Then Alan came up with the bright idea of using a couple of large bowls we had in the top of the cupboard. Genius. Success. Nemo loves his new home. We just change him into fresh water every couple of days, wash his old bowl and we are ready to go again. He seems to like the tank water although we still purify it. I found one of those old fashioned fly protectors to cover his bowl so he doesn't jump out and commit suicide by mistake and he likes the coloured beads. We can't believe how much pleasure watching Nemo gives us - one little fish - very relaxing :) Oh he looks a bit unhappy in the bottom photo but thats his normal look LOL




1 comment:
He is very sweet, good idea to keep the cover on to discourage Lewis from doing the Sylvester thing and taking a swipe. In HK it is very good luck to have fish in a bowl in your house.
Post a Comment