
I am always really proud of all of Alan's achievements and I remember posting on this Blog last year that he had been awarded the Gympie RDA 2007 Volunteer Encouragement Award. Now he has been awarded the Queensland RDA 2007 Volunteer Encouragement Award and I have included here the citation that appeared in the Queensland RDA Newsletter. I took this photo of Alan chatting to Darren, one our Drivers. I think it shows that one of Alan's main strengths is communication skills and his ability to get on so well with everyone :)
From the Queensland RDA Newsletter:
`Alan came to Gympie RDA in March 2004 to assist with the Wednesday riding program.
Since then Alan has worked as a Leader, Side walker, CommitteeMember, Level 0 Carriage Driving Whip and has assisted with the care and maintenance of equipment, grounds and horses as well as assisting with transport of horses for the state championships and fundraising events. The experience Alan brought from his Light Horse troop has been greatly appreciated by all members of Gympie RDA. Alan has demonstrated his willingness to become involved in all functions of Gympie RDA and whenever there are jobs to be done, Gympie know that Alan will be present. Alan has provided assistance to other groups in Queensland’s South East by taking Gympie RDA carriage to open days, Disability Week displays and other community events to show the benefits of a carriage driving program. Alan’s enthusiasm for the carriage driving program helped it become a reality. He has leased his driving/riding horse, Bobby, to Gympie RDA and has also located the whereabouts of a second carriage so that the program
can expand. Riders and drivers appreciate Alan’s quiet confidence and gentle understanding and the smiling faces indicate Alan is well liked by both volunteers
and riders.'
can expand. Riders and drivers appreciate Alan’s quiet confidence and gentle understanding and the smiling faces indicate Alan is well liked by both volunteers
and riders.'




3 comments:
Congratulations to Alan! He really deserves this and more.
I will raise a glass of red to you tonight- Well done!!
Fantastic award and definitely well deserved. Congrats Al!
Congratulations to Alan! What an honour...but it sounds like he's very deserving of it.
Post a Comment