Paul Klee was born in 1887 in Switzerland and he was best known for his primitive and surrealist Art. He was incredibly prolific, creating over 8,900 works before he died in 1940 at a relatively young age. Here is the painting I used as an inspiration and here is my creation. I really enjoyed this challenge. So did we all and one of the artists did 3 she was so excited after seeing Klee's work. I love it too!

Cate was asking about printing Digital Art. There are lots of options. What you see on the Blog is a `thumbnail' - I created this file as an A4 Document 8.5 x 11 inches. I also create files at 8x8 and 8x10. All these can be printed at home. However the resolution is so high (300 dpi) that I could also get this printed in poster size. Other options are to print them in a photobook with binding, and this is good to have as a coffee table book. I have also been admiring Kate Iredale's Calendar. Of course a lot of my Art just sits on my Computer and a lot is deleted after I decide its not worth keeping. For me the joy of making Art is in the creative process. I think the beauty of Digital Art is that it can be kept on the computer or a DVD or just displayed on the Computer Screen. Less stuff around the place and no mess :)




No comments:
Post a Comment