So what have we been doing? I hate February, my least liked month of the year :(
Always hot and humid, nothing exciting happens, no Birthdays or celebrations and the weeds are rampaging everywhere. At this time of year we mow every week - and with 5 acres of grass we have a lot to mow. RDA began on Thursday and that was great as we had an excellent morning with 8 Drivers and lots of volunteers to help. Its also a very social morning with morning tea etc. so it was very enjoyable and not too hot. Art Society has started up again and I really enjoy this too. We meet each Wednesday at the Art Gallery which is wonderfully air conditioned and there is always a new exhibition to see and be inspired by, other artists to talk to and an interesting floor talk each month. I spent some time on Wednesday looking at a great book of Margaret Olley's work and writing down some of her interesting quotes about the process of `making Art'. Today it is 36 degrees hot and very humid with it but luckily we have air conditioning so our living area is cool and relaxing. Louise and Jeff and Tate are coming to visit later so that will be good too. I am looking forward to a promised cool change later on tonight.
This week's Frameworthy challenge was the artist Maggie Taylor http://www.maggietaylor.com/who is married to Jerry Uelsmann - you may remember my surreal imagery of the Camel, the cat and the fireworks which was inspired by his work. Maggie also creates surreal montages, but very different to those of her husband. This time I didn't use a particular work for inspiration, I just looked through all her on line galleries and then came up with this :)




2 comments:
I love frogs and one of my favorite songs to sing with kids is The Frog and the Mouse- "Oh, please Miss Mousie will you marry me, we'll live right under the apple tree, ah hum, ah hum....'
In the end they go off to France on their honeymoon. These frogs remind me of that although there is no Miss Mousie...
Love the humour and whimsy in this Helen.
36deg is too much! We have escaped these kind of temperatures this year thankfully, and I have been able to get going on my Autumn chores early.
Stay cool!
Post a Comment