
Anne has mentioned on her Blog that this week would have been our parents 59th Wedding Anniversary. They were married on January 29 1949 in Sheffield England on a very dark, cold winter's day. Due to post wartime rationing the wedding was very simple and there was no official photographer. The only wedding photo they had was this one which was taken by a relative with a box brownie. The photo was very small - less than 3 inches square and was very dark and grainy. I scanned it and did the best I could to clean it up but it is still a bad photo :(
Nevertheless you can see how much in love and happy they were on the day, and not long after Dad left for Australia on his ship HMAS Sydney. Mum followed a few months later, also by ship.




1 comment:
Thanks Helen- I knew you'd have The Photo! It is grainy but evocative of the period- cold, post war, rationing etc....you can even see the snow on the ground.
And their love shines through.
Post a Comment