Sunday, April 13, 2008

Matisse Inspiration and other things


Whoo I can't believe that its been more than a week since I last posted. We have been busy with a trip down to the Sunshine coast to see Sue and Co. on Sunday and Monday, then I was at Art Society on Wednesday where we are continuing with the bookmaking. Thursday we went fishing on the Noosa River with Alan's brother Geoff and Julie. Friday we had a Carriage Club Meeting at our place in the evening and that same night Alan's sister Margaret arrived to stay for the weekend. So last night we had a lovely dinner and some wine. In between all these activities we have been doing some `Autumn Cleaning' and mowing and weeding etc. Then today Alan was off to training with his Light Horse Troop in preparation for ANZAC Day.
However I did find time to have a go at the `Frameworthy Challenge' for this week which was Matisse. I have always loved Matisse and I have a framed print of his behind my computer, so it was easy to be inspired. I particularly love his use of colour, and in this collage I focused on the idea of being inside looking out - a theme which Matisse often uses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...