
So our artist inspiration this week is Franz Marc. I had never heard of him before, he was a German artist whose brilliant talent was snuffed out during WW1 when he was tragically killed in France like so many other shining stars of his generation. His father was a professional landscape painter and Franz had studied Art in Paris before the War, developing an affinity for Van Gogh and this is apparent in his work some of which can be viewed here http://hs.riverdale.k12.or.us/~dthompso/art/marc/gallery/
Most of Marc's mature work portrays animals, usually in natural settings. His work is characterized by bright primary color, an almost cubist portrayal of animals, stark simplicity and a profound sense of emotion, which garnered notice in influential circles even in his own time.
This drawing of a sleeping cat is mine and I have layered it into a digital collage. I certainly enjoyed this week's challenge.
Most of Marc's mature work portrays animals, usually in natural settings. His work is characterized by bright primary color, an almost cubist portrayal of animals, stark simplicity and a profound sense of emotion, which garnered notice in influential circles even in his own time.
This drawing of a sleeping cat is mine and I have layered it into a digital collage. I certainly enjoyed this week's challenge.




No comments:
Post a Comment