

Last weekend we both attended a pretty full on weekend workshop at R.D.A. so on Monday we decided to escape to Noosa for the day. We picked up some take away food and sat beside the river and just chilled out for the afternoon. It was so beautiful there that we decided on the spur of the moment to book 2 weeks at the adjacent caravan park in May. So something to look forward to.
Today was my regular Art Society Wednesday and we are learning how to make and bind books. We are using watercolour paper cut to size which we then dye with tea, ink and other things. Then we tear or distress the edges and next week we will be binding them. The covers are interesting. We are using the covers from old books which we will then cover with crumpled tissue paper which will in turn be distressed with gold paint and shoe polish. It all sounds a bit odd but the result is great. I'm not sure how I will go with the binding but I will post a photo of the finished product.




1 comment:
Ahh Noosa! Lucky you to be spending a couple of weeks there.
I look forward to seeing the books.
Post a Comment