Monday, April 21, 2008

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a Gift

The title for this post was inspired by some words written on the side of a very old and dirty Kombivan I saw parked in a car space near mine today. I was returning from a visit to our main street in town, `Mary Street' is its name and I thought to myself - well if today is a gift how have I put it to good use. So thinking back - this morning I walked 3 kilometres in 33 minutes, did 40 minutes of strength and flexibility exercises, went to the hairdresser where I was lucky enough to have to wait and was therefore able to read a whole issue of Country Style Magazine :) Then it was off to the Post Office followed by a sidetrip into my favourite second hand bookshop where
I bought 2 books really cheaply by authors I love. Next stop was for a cup of coffee and a sandwich and some time to start reading one of my books. Then I wandered down Mary Street looking at all the different shops, all interesting, popped into the Health Food Store for some Psyllium and walked back to my car where I noticed that Kombi :) As I post this the day is not over yet, later I will have a glass of wine, eat a healthy dinner, watch Australian Story on TV and do some reading before bed. So thinking back I think I have really appreciated and enjoyed the `gift' of today.

1 comment:

patti said...

Sounds rather like a deluxe 'artist date'! Who would have thought a Kombi van could provide so much wisdom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...