

I hate not being well and I hate having a bad cold, even worse when its cold and raining outside as it is today. Luckily my number wasn't drawn out of the Barrel for Jury empanellment on Monday so I haven't been called on since. All good especially as yesterday Bed was the only place I wanted to be. Today I'm a bit better and I can sit and do some Art on the Computer without thinking that I `should' be doing other things, like weeding the Vege Garden.
This week our Frameworthy Challenge is focused on the Collage and Mixed Media Artist Elaine Brady Smith http://www.elainebradysmith.com/ I was really inspired by her work and I enjoyed making up a story to go with my Collage. I decided that this was about a young couple who became engaged during WW1. When he was killed the girl was devastated and never re married. This was a common thread at that time, especially as so many young men were badly injured or killed. In fact the young man in my Collage is Alan's Grandfather who did return from the War, to meet a young 4 year old daughter he had never seen. This was Alan's Mum, Iris who is now 91 years old.
The second Collage started life as a non digital collage which I then scanned and altered and then added to in Photoshop Elements. I really enjoy Collage which is even more fun when it done digitally. I also enjoy adding words to the images.




No comments:
Post a Comment