
Last week while Anne was here she bought us a Climbing Star Jasmine (trachelospermum) at our local market. I have always wanted one of these as they look and smell gorgeous in spring and summer and are in flower for ages. The glossy green leaves look great all year round too. But our dilemma was `Where to plant it'? It had to be somewhere where we could see it and smell it. So a few days ago inspiration struck me - we needed a garden arch for it to climb over and the perfect place was in front of our bird bath (which the birds use all the time), right outside our front door. So on Friday we went off to Melco to buy our arch and yesterday Alan installed it. Today we will plant our jasmine and then when it grows we will always think of Anne.




1 comment:
You've picked a good spot- I hope you are still in this house so that I can sit sipping wine and sniffing it next time I visit!
Post a Comment