Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Quiet Week


This week we had visitors overnight Sunday en route to W.A. via Alice Springs and Kalgoorlie. Malcolm and Sue will be travelling through the Desert and covering hundreds of kilometers during a 4 month adventure. They are very intrepid, but we are not inclined to do a trip like this. I was a tad envious though when we waved them goodbye as I looked at all the weeding that needs to be done here. Then on Thursday we headed down to Brisbane to see Alan's mother Iris who is in a Nursing Home. She is looking well but these are very sad places to visit. It makes us realise how short life is and how little of it we have left to actually do things like Malcolm and Sue. On Friday Alan picked up our new horse. She is an Arab called Princess and she looks like one too.


Today we went out for Brekkie and then visited the Farmer's Market. It was a beautiful winter's morning and the market is always fun to visit. We bought 2 large pineapples for $3.00 and Alan found an old fishing rod and reel for $20.00. This photo is of the Duckpond in the park and you can see the market set up in the distance.


Next week and the week after I have Jury Duty - not looking forward to it so I hope I don't get selected. I know its a Civic Duty and all of that but I don't know anyone who ever wants to do it.

1 comment:

patti said...

It would be great to travel around Aus. but you are lucky to be living in such a beautiful part of the world too.

I would agree with you on Jury duty. I hope I never ever need to judge another human being, ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...