Today was Father's Day and the weather was as perfect as it is possible to be. We have spent the day enjoying the garden and doing various odd jobs. I have been washing winter things, putting away throw rugs, picking spring flowers for the house and generally spring cleaning. Our kitchen garden has been lacking a bit of care lately since I developed tendonitis but there are still mini tomatoes, herbs, capsicum, papaya, passionfruit, oranges, limes, lemons, sugar snap peas and other things that have just popped up. I found some coriander growing today which has self seeded. So I collected enough goodies to make a salad for dinner.
This is a photo of our `girls' - we have 4 chooks and 3 of them are laying every day. Now I know that it is impossible for us to eat 21 eggs a week, or even half that many, but we love to give them away to friends and family and neighbours, especially as a thank you. We took a dozen fresh eggs and a paw paw to Nancy's place yesterday as a `thanks for your hospitality' gift.

.





2 comments:
It was a nice day, wasn't it? We had a roast outdoors, cooked in the weber. Our Mango tree is flowering.
Animal -vegetable -miracle, all in your own garden.
Am very envious! I have managed to grow some lemons - one ready soon as it is the least green- and some eggplant (tiny) and the passionfruit looks delightful but has no fruit.
Basil is surviving, although mint and tomatoes died in about one day. Must be the intense heat and humidity here - 36 C and 85% RH
Post a Comment