
We arrived home from our great holiday on Saturday, feeling a bit down when we saw all the yard work that had to be done, but it was still good to be home. We had a wonderful relaxing holiday and even better neither of us put on any weight :) I took my bike and did quite a bit of cycling which was fun. On Saturday night we were invited to a neighbourhood barbecue and bonfire which was great, and then yesterday we spent all day washing, weeding, trimming and mowing. Now we are feeling full of energy we will be tackling the overgrown kitchen garden. I was able read some good books while I was away, I really enjoyed `The House at Salvation Creek', Susan Duncan's sequel to Salvation Creek which I loved. I also read `The Heart Garden', Janine Burke's fascinating story about Sunday Reed and Heide. I bought a Yoga DVD as well so I am looking forward to starting some `at home Yoga' soon. Alan didn't catch very many fish but had a lot of fun trying. We had take away fish and chips instead :)




4 comments:
Welcome Home! Missed ya, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed every moment!
P.S. I would like to get back into Yoga, let me know how the DVD works out.
Yes, we did indeed miss you around and about the place, Helen! (Thanks for your kind comment on my blog). I enjoyed the potted version of your holiday. Sadly, the price we pay for taking breaks is always waiting for us at home. Beautiful photos. We look forward to seeing you back at the challenges. I have been really enjoying some of the challenges on the blogs and the inspiration I gather from them are making a huge difference to the way I tackle digital art.
Cheers, Marie.
Welcome home, Helen. You sound rested and rejuvenated -- and that's what vacations are all about. Looking forward to some more of your art, now that you're back home!
Welcome home, Helen. You sound rested and rejuvenated -- and that's what vacations are all about. Looking forward to some more of your art, now that you're back home!
Post a Comment