
Our beautiful dog and best friend Bella passed away peacefully at the Vet Surgery last Tuesday. She had Cancer. Both Alan and I were with her at the end. We loved her so and we will miss her terribly. So many people have been passing on their sympathy and it is amazing to me how many of them, both friends and family, have been through the same experience. When I am ready I will do a photobook of her life as a keepsake. I have cried a lot this week but now is the time for us to pack her away in our hearts where she will stay forever. We always used to say to her - Bella `you are the best dog in the whole world' and to us she was. Bella you taught us so much about loving and life, thank you for sharing your `almost 13 years of life' with us. It was a great privilege.




4 comments:
Oh Helen, I have tears welling up in my eyes as I sit here reading your post...I'm so sad for your loss. She has a beautiful spirit...you can see it in her eyes.
I'm also one who knows how difficult this is. "Pet" is such an inadequate word for a best friend and losing one's four legged and hairy best friend is simply heartbreaking, yet it's such a privelege to have shared life with them. I'm sure she's still there with you.
I'm sending you love and lots of healing energy during this sad time.
Helen, I am crying as I read this post...I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you! You can tell she loves you just by the look in her eyes!
My mother always told me that when you go to heaven, your pets will be there waiting for you..I hope that is true.
What beautiful eyes. So sad. Time will heal but you will never forget your Bella.
Bella Bella. I'm sorry that you have had to say goodbye to her, we loved knowing her too, she was so gentle and smart. xx
Post a Comment