It is 60 years ago today since my parents were married on a wintry day in Sheffield England. Rationing was still in force so the wedding was very simple with my Father wearing his Australian Naval Uniform. This photo was taken with a Box Brownie Camera and was very small and in very bad condition when I started work on it. It was the only wedding photo they had. My Father died in 1988 and my mother is now in a care facility but I am thinking today about the love they had for each other. They brought up 5 children and there are now 11 grandchildren and 4 great grand children, all beautiful and talented kids. And yes as I am the oldest of all these descendents I am feeling my age today :)
#631 Coming back to your own bed after a long trip
-
Do you remember your Worst Sleep Ever? Man, I sure do. I tell you, it was
back when I was in college and a few friends and I drove a skiddy van
across a ...
1 day ago




3 comments:
This is beautiful Helen and touching. Many of my own relatives, including my Grandmother came from Sheffield also.
A beautiful heritage page, and great work on the photo.
A lovely tribute to your Mum and Dad, Helen. I think you look like your Dad!
Posting the layout about your parents wedding is a great way to honor them. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment