
A few days ago my sister Patti posted a really nice sounding recipe for Vegeburgers on her Blog so I just had to have a go at making it. So much fun, I haven't made rissoles for ages and I had forgotten just how much fun shaping them and squishing them is :) I had to deviate a bit - I used red onion instead of spring, used normal parsley instead of continental, but everything else was pretty much `by the recipe'. All so incredibly tasty and healthy, nothing processed in the recipe. There is sweet potato, chick peas, sweet corn, grated carrot and zucchini etc. etc. I put a dollop of greek yoghurt on top but it would also be nice with Raita. If you like Coriander (cilantro) this could be good too but I cannot stand to even smell it so that's out. The result was yummyissimo (see I can speak Italian) and Alan loved them too. Even better the recipe made heaps and there is more for tomorrow, or some could go in the freezer for Ron. Here is my photo of them sizzling away - the wineglass is full of light green tea (from Liptons) and the oil is Light Olive. How healthy is all of this :) Thanks Patti.




3 comments:
they look delish Helen! And very healthy :)
Glad you enjoyed the recipe Helen, it's one of my favourites. I will try greek yoghurt or raita with mine next time.
I think I'll be trying these vegeburgers too - they really do sound great!
Post a Comment