Friday, May 02, 2008

Harvest


Just before Dinner last night I went down to our kitchen garden to pick some lettuce and rocket leaves, while I was there I found a passionfruit, a capsicum some tomatoes and a yellow rose. We also have heaps of Rosemary, Lavender, Basil, Marjoram, Thyme, Mint and Rose Scented Geranium. Our chooks have been doing well too and most days we collect at least 2 eggs and the papayas are starting to ripen. I really love this time of year when our garden starts to repay us for our efforts.

1 comment:

patti said...

This is a gorgeous photo Helen - did you polish those vegies? They look so shiny and fresh - unlike the ones I buy in the supermarket!

My herb garden is growing really well too. It is $2 for a sad bunch of parsley from the supermarket and ours is 'fresh as' at our front door.

I will plant some oregano too. Haven't dug my vegie patch yet cos I've been so busy - maybe next week when I can give it all my attention and before the ground gets too cold.

Check out Judy Wise's last post (see my blogroll) where she talks about some friends of hers who live sustainably. Great pics too. I want to go and live with these people!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...